Friday, May 18, 2007

Chinatown - French Style


Entrance gate into the Montreal Chinatown.
Montreal has a really nice Chinatown. This is almost a smaller version on the one in San Francisco, and if you have had the pleasure of going there I'm sure you know what I'm talking about, if not make sure that you do go sometime because it is a must-see (San Francisco)!
On another note, Montreal has the WORST drivers in all of Canada... and you can see that in this picture as one of the cars is about to run some people down...
Fun Fact: Turning right on Red is illegal in Montreal.

6 comments:

Olivier said...

c'est une belle porte chinoise. (mais pourquoi french style ?). J'aime beaucoup me promener dans les quartiers chinois.
Je te souhaite un bon Weekend

it is a beautiful Chinese door. (but why french style?). I like much to walk in the Chinese districts. I wish you a good Weekend

Olive said...

Montreal is a French speaking city... That's why "French Style"...
Je te souhaite un bon Weekend aussi!

hpy said...

Where is turning right on red legal?

Olive said...

The rest of Canada... and in many many other countries.
Remember you we are driving on the right side of the road.
It was legal in the province of Quebec (where Montreal is located) until people got into a lot of crashes... again: they are very bad drivers. I fear for my life everytime I cross a street...

Peter said...

In Paris we have also our Chinatown(s). Surprisingly, there is no Chinese / Asian style around, like in San Francisco, London and obviously Montreal; it's just a concentration of Asiatic shops, restaurants... in specific area(s) of the town. I like to go there, if possible accompanied by a Chinese friend, to really find the right place, the right stuff....

No possibility to turn right or left against red light, unless there is a yellow blinking arrow.

Kala said...

montreal drivers are definitely agressive!! I was there one year and was surprised at how fast they drive!